What do I have to do if the tenant of my building changes?

This is a Change of Use and Occupancy for the building or space. A determination needs to be made regarding the hazard classification of this change. If there is no increase in the hazard classification then a new Certificate of Occupancy may be issued including the new tenant information.

If there is an increase in hazard classification a building analysis needs to be completed by a registered design professional to determine if any alterations are necessary.

Please contact the Code Enforcement Department regarding any Change of Use and Occupancy of your building or space.

Show All Answers

1. What code does the Town of Easton Use?
2. How long is the plan review process from initial application?
3. How could I expedite my commercial, residential or industrial applications processing time?
4. How could I calculate my building permit fees?
5. Do I need to make application for mechanical, plumbing or electrical installations with the Town of Easton?
6. What codes are used for existing buildings undergoing repairs, alterations and/or additions?
7. What do I have to do if the tenant of my building changes?
8. Do I have to have a Maryland licensed professional prepare, sign, seal and date, drawings and specifications for commercial residential and industrial permit application?
9. Do I have to submit a MECcheck or COMcheck to certify compliance with the International Energy Conservation Code?