The Town of Easton is seeking and ideal candidate to fill the position of Construction Inspector
Candidate must have the ability to perform materials inspection and acceptance prior in installation. Ability to perform field measurements and assigned duties. Conduct on site observations and resolves construction admin problems. Interpret and implement company and department mandated safety policies. Point out potential problems to the Town Engineer, and keep informed of progress of project. Knowledge of ADA Requirements related to Town Right-Of-Way construction. Must possess mobility to work in a standard office setting and use standard office equipment, including a computer. Must possess mobility to work on active construction sites and work with exposure to all types of weather including inclement weather. Candidate must have the ability to engage with clients, sub consultants, municipalities, and contractors.
- Attends various meetings as needed related to assigned construction projects
- Submit detailed documentation of daily construction activities
- Assist with coordination of required project acceptance testing
- Perform materials inspection and acceptance prior to installation
- Point out potential problems to the town engineer, and keep informed of progress of project
- Perform specific installation tasks, field measurements and assigned duties
- Interpret and implement company and department mandated safety policies
- Responsible for job specific quality system tasks
- Submits extensive written reports and documentation
- Completes and files construction reports and logs daily
- Maintains a good relationship with clients, sub consultants, municipalities, and contractors
- Conducts on site observations and resolves construction admin problems
- Keeps supervisor informed of workload and any changes in project scope or additional services
- Provides an accurate accounting of time spent on projects with descriptions for each time entry on a weekly basis
- Must have a valid driver's license
- 5 years minimum experience in Site Construction is preferred.
Position requires Maryland Department of the Environment (MDE) Responsible Personnel Certification (for Erosion & Sediment Control) within six months of hire date. Must successfully complete the following Mid-Atlantic Region Technician Certification Programs (MARTCCP) within one year of hire date. Soils & Aggregate Compaction Technician, Concrete Field Technician and Asphalt Field Technician.
This is a full-time position. The Town of Easton offers an excellent compensation and benefits package. Please forward a cover letter and resume to Human Resources, P.O. Box 520, Easton, MD 21601 OR submit to email@example.com by May 11, 2022
The Town of Easton is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
The Town of Easton is seeking an ideal candidate to fill the position of Director of Planning and Zoning
The Director performs complex professional and administrative work directing and coordinating planning functions and zoning activities and establishing the overall strategic direction of the Department.
The Director will possess in-depth experience from the disciplines of business development, planning and zoning, community development, and design services to champion key initiatives and programs that positively impact the Town of Easton.
This position partners with organizational and community leaders in developing, implementing and monitoring long and short-range strategies for the department that are aligned with and support the Town's long-range plan as well as organizational values, goals and objectives
- Directs the activities of the Town of Easton Planning and Zoning Department.
- Responsible for identifying, collecting and interpreting complex data and information
- used to prepare plans, reports, and recommendations for the Town Council, Planning
- Commission, and other meetings, groups, and departments.
- Communicates effectively, professionally and courteously and maintains working
- relationships with others in carrying out job functions.
- Communicates across multiple departments to provide information relating to
- development proposals, policy changes, and long-range planning initiatives.
- Understand and represent Department/Town policies, procedures, and regulations.
- Reviews land use and development plans and specifications for compliance with Town
- policy and sound planning principles.
- Administer long-range planning, growth management, development plan review,
- mapping and historic preservation.
- The Planning Director serves as an advisor to the Town Council on questions related to
- planning, zoning, capital improvements, transportation, and related matters; and other
- planning-related work as directed by the Planning Commission.
- Performs other duties as required.
- Knowledge of urban planning, economic development and zoning.
- Knowledge of ordinances, zoning, specific use permitting, building inspections and plats.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Proficient with the use of computers.
- Must display sound judgment and tact.
Education, Certifications, License and Experience:
- The qualified candidate must have a professional degree from an accredited university with a graduate or undergraduate degree in Community Planning, Urban Design, City and Regional Planning, Public Policy or Public Administration.
- Ten or more years in public sector land use planning along with five or more years of supervisory experience is required or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- American Institute of Certified Planners (AICP) is preferred, but not required
- Valid driver's license with good driving record and ability to maintain while employed
The Town of Easton offers an excellent compensation and benefits package. Please forward a cover letter and resume to Human Resources, P.O. Box 520, Easton, MD 21601 OR submit to firstname.lastname@example.org
Position open until filled.
The Town of Easton is an Equal Opportunity Employer