Collection Standards & Regulations
Collection standards and regulations are as follows:
- All bulk materials to be picked up for disposal must be scheduled in advance. To arrange for the pickup, residents must call 410-822-2525.
- Any materials to be collected must be generated by the resident at that property. Materials are not to be transferred from other properties inside or outside of the Town of Easton.
- Broken glass should be wrapped in paper or cardboard and marked as broken glass.
- Bulk residential trash must be generated by the resident only, not by contractors. Bulk materials will not be collected from businesses or other non-residential properties.
- Due to mandatory separation of bulk trash materials prior to disposal, some materials may occasionally be left behind on the scheduled collection day. These items will need to be scheduled for a separate pick up.
- Household garbage, bulky trash items, and metal items shall be kept separate from each other when placed out for pickup.
- Limbs must be less than 4 inches in diameter, less than 4 feet long.
- Loose leaves that have been raked to the curb may be picked up by the leaf vacuum from mid-October into January. Leaves must be separated from limbs, twigs, rocks, or other objects. All other times of the year leaves must be bagged. Bagged leaves and other yard waste must be scheduled for pickup by calling 410-822-2525 or by filling out the Bulk Trash Pickup Form.
- No refuse containers or yard waste, such as leaves, grass, and tree trimmings, shall be placed in the gutters or on the streets of the Town. (Easton Code Section 11-7)
- No refuse or waste may be set out for collection prior to 5 pm on the day preceding the scheduled collection day for such refuse or waste. (Easton Code Section 11-10)Refuse must be placed out for collection by 6 am on your scheduled collection day.
- Refuse containers should be removed from curbside or alley pickup locations prior to 9 pm on the collection day.
- Sharp objects must be placed in metal or hard plastic containers with lids (e.g., Laundry detergent bottles.)
- Two cubic yard dumpster-type container locations and concrete pads must be accessible by truck and approved by the Town. Pads must be constructed in accordance with Town specifications.
- Two cubic yard dumpster-type containers must meet Town specifications. Containers are to be purchased and maintained by owner or occupant of premises.