Building Elements including the; structural frame, bearing walls, nonbearing wall and partitions, floor construction and roof construction.
- Type I and II Construction have building elements that are noncombustible.
- Type III Construction has exterior walls of noncombustible materials and the interior building elements are of any material permitted.
- Type IV Construction has exterior walls are of noncombustible materials and the interior building elements are of solid or laminated wood without concealed spaces.
- Type V Construction has building elements that are of any materials permitted.
The information provided above is for general use only and the final determination for the Construction Classification shall be made by the registered design professional, for the determination between an A or B classification an applicant must determine the fire resistance rating of the building elements.
Additional information is available in the International Building Code specifically Chapter 6 Types of Construction.
Our Address is:
Town of Easton
Office of Code Enforcement
14 South Harrison Street
Easton Maryland 21601
Our Phone number is 410.822.2526
Our Fax number is 410.822.8738
To see the status of applications in review, click here.
Applications received by the Town of Easton process thru tracks, generally they consist of:
- Track A – Planning and Zoning and Engineering
- Track B – Building Inspections and Easton Utilities
- Track C – Permit Processing