Classification of Work for Existing Buildings
- Repairs = The restoration to good or sound condition of any part of an existing building for the purpose of its maintenance.
- Level 1 Alterations include the removal and replacement or the covering of existing materials, elements, equipment, or fixtures using new materials, elements, equipment, or fixtures that serve the same purpose.
- Level 2 Alterations include the reconfiguration of space, the addition or elimination of any door or window, the reconfiguration or extension of any system, or the installation of any additional equipment.
- Level 3 Alterations apply where the work area exceeds 50 percent of the aggregate area of the building.
- Change of Occupancy = When a change in the purpose or level of activity within a building that involves a change in application of the requirements.
- Additions = An extension or increase in floor area, number of stories, or height of a building or dwelling.
- Historic Buildings = Any building or structure that is listed in the State or National Register of Historic Places; designated as a historic property under local or state designation law or survey; certified as a contributing resource within a National Register listed or locally designated historic district; or with an opinion or certification that the property is eligible to be listed on the National or State Register of Historic Places either individually or as a contributing building to a historic district by the State Historic Preservation Officer or the Keeper of the National Register of Historic Places.
- Relocated Buildings = When a building or dwelling is relocated or moved.
Our Address is:
Town of Easton
Office of Code Enforcement
14 South Harrison Street
Easton Maryland 21601
Our Phone number is 410.822.2526
Our Fax number is 410.822.8738
To see the status of applications in review, click here.
Applications received by the Town of Easton process thru tracks, generally they consist of:
- Track A – Planning and Zoning and Engineering
- Track B – Building Inspections and Easton Utilities
- Track C – Permit Processing